Product Warranty/Guarantee

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ever have a product that you absolutely love then it starts to fall apart? It hasn't been very long but don't know where to get it fixed. We have recently had that problem in our home. About 4 years ago I bought my husband some Qwaruba slippers for Christmas. They are in my personal opinion some of the best slippers out there. I have a pair that he got me 5 years ago. Mine are great, not a problem. But with my husband's the stitching started to come undone where the sole meets the slipper. He is all about the concept that slippers are for in your home and no where else. (my opinion is a little different and wear them everywhere). I thought that this is odd and wanted to see if they would repair them or let us know where to take them to. Even though they are 4 years old he has not worn them in the past year because of the stitching.

I looked all over the web to find a contact page for the company. No luck. So then I turned tothe REI website where I bought them, to see if they had some info for me. They let me know that they have a 100% product guarantee on all their products no matter what. They said just to bring them in for a refund or exchange. My husband brought them in today and wah-la he got brand new slippers.

Moral to this story is that you never know if the company is willing to replace the product or pay to repair for free for you. All it takes is maybe 5 minutes online and the worst they can do is say no.

1 comments:

Chels said...

That's so great that they would replace them just like that! I am such a mouse when it comes to talking to sales associates. That's one thing that's keeping me from trying out mystery shopping!

About product warranties-
ALWAYS fill out the mail-in postcard immediately after buying the product (once you know you're keeping it). We are having issues with our not even 2 year old water heater. If these issues would have happened during the first year we would be crying! We found out today that we never filed out the postcard BUT luckily we aren't crying over that because it would have expired last March. We are still frustrated that it's having problems!

Great post! ☺

 
SHOPPER SAVING SECRETS. Design by Pocket